SHREVEPORT, La. (KSLA) – Phoenix Downtown, a 24,000 square foot nightclub/nightclub, opens at 9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 23 at 400 Commerce Street in downtown Shreveport. It bills itself as a high-energy, upscale venue with state-of-the-art sound and lighting systems, Top 40 dance music, bottle service, and VIP sections.
IN ONE LOOK
- What: Downtown Phoenix
- Or: 400 Commerce Street, Shreveport
- Hours: 8 p.m.-6 a.m. Thursday 9 p.m.-6 a.m. Friday and Saturday
- Age Restriction: 21 years or older
The club is the brainchild of Tim Huck, owner of Sandbar in downtown Shreveport and iconic Notini’s Restaurant in Bossier City, who has spent the past few months renovating the historic building to give it “a look that will rival with the best clubs in Dallas and beyond,” reports the Downtown Development Authority.
The 126-year-old structure has a modern, industrial feel but retains its giant columns and original woodwork and fittings. The club has handmade epoxy countertops and fixtures, a new outdoor patio, and a custom LED installation with over 30,000 LEDs, including the area’s first 3D Voxel LED installation.
The development team included:
- Design engineer JoJo Lacy of Phoenix Underground, Sandbar, and Mojo fame who used the latest construction technologies, including CNC routers, 3D printing, and CNC laser cutting; and,
- Creative technologist and designer John Lomax, of PixelSlant Creative, who was hired to bring the club’s high-tech vision to life.
“As a designer, it’s rare to get the freedom and support of a place to push the boundaries of what can be done,” Lomax said in a statement about the launch. “Phoenix will undoubtedly set a new standard for Shreveport nightlife.”
Copyright 2021 KSLA. All rights reserved.